Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Rapture

so, my mother and i have been talking a lot lately about the rapture. she and i both feel that it is coming soon, not just 'soon' but SOON. she felt so strongly about it that she felt we may not even meet on this side of heaven again when she leaves for virginia this weekend. now i'm not saying, she feels that for SURE Jesus will be coming back while she's gone, but that's how strongly she feels it. now, the Word does says in Matthew, "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.". but i think God can give those who are willing to listen and those who are primed in their hearts to HEAR the voice and leading of His spirit, He will start to give those feelings to. those stirring in the heart. my pastor and my mother both have been stressing the URGENCY of the CLOSENESS of the coming of the Lord again. my pastor in our church, and my mother, at home. i have personally been searching my spirit with questions... am i rapture ready? what in my life would be considered SIN? in Ephesians 5.27 it says,"that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish." spot or wrinkle being sins in our heart. Soooo, because sin WILL keep us from heaven, i've been trying to evaluate within myself what i need to change. the bible says in James 4.17, "Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do [it], to him it is sin." to me, how my mind processes that verse, is if i know i'm doing something that the Word says is wrong and/or i know myself is wrong, i'm sinning! smoking, gossiping, being a bad steward of what i've been blessed with, not reading my bible every day, not putting ALL my worries in Gods hands and letting go of them, treating my spouse or parents disrespectfully no MATTER how they treat me... and the list goes on! if i know something is wrong, i need to correct it pronto! otherwise, i'm sinning. so, if i'm doing something i KNOW is not right, i need to stop! not when i thinkd I'M good and ready, not when it's most comfortable to me, NOW. because Jesus COULD come back at any time, any moment, any hour, and we DON'T want to get left behind! because this very well could be the LAST chance we EVER get.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey Girl!!!
Very nice blog...and I see that I'm the first to leave a comment.
Our Redemption really does draw close and we are living in exciting times. We all get to look to Him who is the author and the finisher of our faith, eh? God help us all to look to YOU!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

http://www.theswap.com/forum/Blah.pl?m-1220901518/

I'm trying one more time to post a link to a conversation online that has to do with what you are saying, Aubrey.

Sarah Bella's said...

Amen sister!!! I am doing the same.